Monday, December 13, 2010

Making Fused Glass Christmas Ornaments

I love discovering new things to do in our little town, especially things that my kids can do with me.

Just for the heck of it I decided to call down to The Stained Glass Co. to see if they had some sort of "make-it-yourself" project and if they were brave enough to allow two fairly spastic girls to give it a whirl. Turns out they have this thing where kids can come in and make a fused glass Christmas ornament - and it's pretty inexpensive, too. So last Saturday I hauled the girls down there and we made some awesome little Christmas trees.

 
 

We get the finished product back on Tuesday, so I'll post some better pics then. It was a lot of fun, and the gal who helped us (Darcy I believe?) was super nice and helpful.

I told the girls if they behaved I'd take them down to the cupcake shop (Sugar Mammas in Towne Square) and get them a little treat. I didn't know they were closed on Saturdays, but she was there anyway making a cake and was nice enough to let us in for some red velvet cupcakes and hot chocolate. I swear, these were the best cupcakes I have ever had in my entire life. I wanted to buy a pound of the frosting and eat it with a spoon.

Overall, the day was awesome. Thanks a bunch to the nice gals at both of the shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment