Sunday, November 14, 2010

Do Chastity Belts Come in Size XS?

I realize that at some point my girls will discover that boys are not really the stinky, cootie-ridden worm-eating creatures that I raised them to believe they were. I just didn't expect that point to come so, like....soon.

I was a good 7 or 8 years old before I had my first crush. It was Paul McCartney. I was pining over a very handsome doe-eyed 20-something Paul, when in fact he was actually closer to 50 at that time. Then came New Kids On The Block, and Jordan Knight took Paul's place. Then Eddie Furlong, and so on and so forth.

So the other night my girls were telling me about meeting grandma's neighbors that live across the field. My 6 year old got this glazed-over look in her eyes as she told me about the boy. "He's 6 like me. And he's got yellow hair like me. And he drives a tractor. Sigh...."

Oh, great.

No comments:

Post a Comment